We believe that God designed His Church to function in unity.
We believe that God is worthy of all the glory we could every give Him and more.
We believe that God through His people will transform lives and entire communities for good.
We believe that God loves everyone!
So much that He sent Jesus to show us what love looks like and give His life for us.
Whatever your background or beliefs, we want you to know that everyone is welcome to come to any Declare rally or community service initiative. Please join us!
Below are the Core Beliefs that guide us in uniting churches. We realize that not everyone will agree with the following, but we do ask that you honor these uniting principles when partnering with Declare. Thank you!
1. Scripture. The Bible, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is eternally true and inerrant in the original manuscripts. The Bible constitutes the whole of God’s Word revealed to us and is historically accurate and applicable and relevant for our lives today.
2. Trinity. There is one God, who exists in three unique persons: God the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit. These three persons have been present for all eternity, and function in perfect communion as one God.
3. God the Father. God the Father sent the Son (Jesus Christ) to bring salvation to mankind and then the Helper, the Holy Spirit. He is all-powerful, perfect in His judgments and abounding in steadfast love.
4. Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the Son, was sent by the Father to bring salvation to lost sinners. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, shed His blood for the sins of the world, and was raised to life on the third day. He then ascended into heaven and is now seated with God the Father and will one day return for His bride, the Church.
5. Holy Spirit. God gave the Holy Spirit as a Helper, Comforter and Guide and to seal our salvation. Upon salvation, the Holy Spirit indwells the believer to comfort, convict, teach, empower and guide according to the will of the Father.
6. Sin. Adam and Eve committed the original sin as they rejected the will of God for their lives, and all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Sin separates us from God, and each one’s sin causes brokenness on this earth and condemns them to eternal punishment in hell.
7. Salvation. God has granted salvation to all who repent of their sins and believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through His sacrifice on the cross. Salvation liberates sinners from the bondage of sin in this life and secures our home with the Lord for eternity. No work or act is required to obtain salvation, and salvation is found only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
8. Eternity. God has created mankind to exist eternally, either separated from God in hell due to their sins and rejection of the Savior, or joyously communing with God in heaven as a result of a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
9. Man and Woman. God has created mankind: man and woman. Men and women are equal in value with unique God-given roles to each flourish in a way that brings glory to Himself. God’s design for marriage is a lifelong covenant between one man and one woman.
10. The Church. All who have repented and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord comprise the universal Church. God’s plan is to work through His Church to declare His glory and make disciples of all nations.